How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The surface, usually a shield, upon which bearings are
marshaled and displayed. The surface of the escutcheon is called the
field, the upper part is called the chief, and the lower part the base
(see Chiff, and Field.). That side of the escutcheon which is on the
right hand of the knight who bears the shield on his arm is called
dexter, and the other side sinister.
- n. - A marking upon the back of a cow's udder and the space
above it (the perineum), formed by the hair growing upward or outward
instead of downward. It is esteemed an index of milking qualities.
- n. - That part of a vessel's stern on which her name is
- n. - A thin metal plate or shield to protect wood, or for
ornament, as the shield around a keyhole.
- n. - The depression behind the beak of certain bivalves; the
3 Syllable Words Starting with?