How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. - To flee from and avoid; to be saved or exempt from; to
shun; to obtain security from; as, to escape danger.
- v. - To avoid the notice of; to pass unobserved by; to evade;
as, the fact escaped our attention.
- v. i. - To flee, and become secure from danger; -- often
followed by from or out of.
- v. i. - To get clear from danger or evil of any form; to be
passed without harm.
- v. i. - To get free from that which confines or holds; -- used
of persons or things; as, to escape from prison, from arrest, or from
slavery; gas escapes from the pipes; electricity escapes from its
- n. - The act of fleeing from danger, of evading harm, or of
avoiding notice; deliverance from injury or any evil; flight; as, an
escape in battle; a narrow escape; also, the means of escape; as, a
2 Syllable Words Starting with?