How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To be at the charges of; to take or keep in one's
service; to maintain; to support; to harbor; to keep.
- v. t. - To give hospitable reception and maintenance to; to
receive at one's board, or into one's house; to receive as a guest.
- v. t. - To engage the attention of agreeably; to amuse with
that which makes the time pass pleasantly; to divert; as, to entertain
friends with conversation, etc.
- v. t. - To give reception to; to receive, in general; to
receive and take into consideration; to admit, treat, or make use of;
as, to entertain a proposal.
- v. t. - To meet or encounter, as an enemy.
- v. t. - To keep, hold, or maintain in the mind with favor; to
keep in the mind; to harbor; to cherish; as, to entertain sentiments.
3 Syllable Words Starting with?