How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To put under pledge; to pledge; to place under
obligations to do or forbear doing something, as by a pledge, oath, or
promise; to bind by contract or promise.
- v. t. - To gain for service; to bring in as associate or aid; to
enlist; as, to engage friends to aid in a cause; to engage men for
- v. t. - To gain over; to win and attach; to attract and hold; to
- v. t. - To employ the attention and efforts of; to occupy; to
engross; to draw on.
- v. t. - To enter into contest with; to encounter; to bring to
- v. t. - To come into gear with; as, the teeth of one cogwheel
engage those of another, or one part of a clutch engages the other
2 Syllable Words Starting with?