How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of
which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental
powers of anything are based.
- n. - One of the ultimate, undecomposable constituents of any
kind of matter. Specifically: (Chem.) A substance which cannot be
decomposed into different kinds of matter by any means at present
employed; as, the elements of water are oxygen and hydrogen.
- n. - One of the ultimate parts which are variously combined in
anything; as, letters are the elements of written language; hence,
also, a simple portion of that which is complex, as a shaft, lever,
wheel, or any simple part in a machine; one of the essential
ingredients of any mixture; a constituent part; as, quartz, feldspar,
and mica are the elements of granite.
- n. - One out of several parts combined in a system of
aggregation, when each is of the nature of the whole; as, a single cell
is an element of the honeycomb.
- n. - One of the smallest natural divisions of the organism, as
a blood corpuscle, a muscular fiber.
- n. - One of the simplest essential parts, more commonly called
cells, of which animal and vegetable organisms, or their tissues and
organs, are composed.
3 Syllable Words Starting with?