How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Any one sent and empowered to act for another; one
deputed to represent; a chosen deputy; a representative; a
commissioner; a vicar.
- n. - One elected by the people of a territory to represent
them in Congress, where he has the right of debating, but not of
- n. - One sent by any constituency to act as its representative
in a convention; as, a delegate to a convention for nominating
officers, or for forming or altering a constitution.
- a. - Sent to act for or represent another; deputed; as, a
- v. t. - To send as one's representative; to empower as an
ambassador; to send with power to transact business; to commission; to
depute; to authorize.
- v. t. - To intrust to the care or management of another; to
transfer; to assign; to commit.
3 Syllable Words Starting with?