How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - An order from one having authority, deciding what is to be
done by a subordinate; also, a determination by one having power,
deciding what is to be done or to take place; edict, law; authoritative
- n. - A decision, order, or sentence, given in a cause by a court
of equity or admiralty.
- n. - A determination or judgment of an umpire on a case
submitted to him.
- n. - An edict or law made by a council for regulating any
business within their jurisdiction; as, the decrees of ecclesiastical
- v. t. - To determine judicially by authority, or by decree; to
constitute by edict; to appoint by decree or law; to determine; to
order; to ordain; as, a court decrees a restoration of property.
- v. t. - To ordain by fate.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?