How many syllables in Cover
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To overspread the surface of (one thing) with another;
as, to cover wood with paint or lacquer; to cover a table with a cloth.
- v. t. - To envelop; to clothe, as with a mantle or cloak.
- v. t. - To invest (one's self with something); to bring upon
(one's self); as, he covered himself with glory.
- v. t. - To hide sight; to conceal; to cloak; as, the enemy were
covered from our sight by the woods.
- v. t. - To brood or sit on; to incubate.
- v. t. - To shelter, as from evil or danger; to protect; to
defend; as, the cavalry covered the retreat.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?