How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Of or pertaining to comparison.
- a. - Proceeding from, or by the method of, comparison; as,
the comparative sciences; the comparative anatomy.
- a. - Estimated by comparison; relative; not positive or
absolute, as compared with another thing or state.
- a. - Expressing a degree greater or less than the positive
degree of the quality denoted by an adjective or adverb. The
comparative degree is formed from the positive by the use of -er, more,
or less; as, brighter, more bright, or less bright.
- n. - The comparative degree of adjectives and adverbs;
also, the form by which the comparative degree is expressed; as,
stronger, wiser, weaker, more stormy, less windy, are all comparatives.
- n. - An equal; a rival; a compeer.
4 Syllable Words Starting with?