How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - To sift; to strain; to examine thoroughly; to scrutinize;
as, to canvass the votes cast at an election; to canvass a district
with reference to its probable vote.
- n. - To examine by discussion; to debate.
- n. - To go trough, with personal solicitation or public
addresses; as, to canvass a district for votes; to canvass a city for
- v. i. - To search thoroughly; to engage in solicitation by
traversing a district; as, to canvass for subscriptions or for votes;
to canvass for a book, a publisher, or in behalf of a charity; --
commonly followed by for.
- n. - Close inspection; careful review for verification; as, a
canvass of votes.
- n. - Examination in the way of discussion or debate.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?