How many syllables in Brace
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - That which holds anything tightly or supports it firmly; a
bandage or a prop.
- n. - A cord, ligament, or rod, for producing or maintaining
tension, as a cord on the side of a drum.
- n. - The state of being braced or tight; tension.
- n. - A piece of material used to transmit, or change the
direction of, weight or pressure; any one of the pieces, in a frame or
truss, which divide the structure into triangular parts. It may act as
a tie, or as a strut, and serves to prevent distortion of the
structure, and transverse strains in its members. A boiler brace is a
diagonal stay, connecting the head with the shell.
- n. - A vertical curved line connecting two or more words or
lines, which are to be taken together; thus, boll, bowl; or, in music,
used to connect staves.
- n. - A rope reeved through a block at the end of a yard, by which
the yard is moved horizontally; also, a rudder gudgeon.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?