How many syllables in Bar
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A piece of wood, metal, or other material, long in proportion
to its breadth or thickness, used as a lever and for various other
purposes, but especially for a hindrance, obstruction, or fastening;
as, the bars of a fence or gate; the bar of a door.
- n. - An indefinite quantity of some substance, so shaped as to be
long in proportion to its breadth and thickness; as, a bar of gold or
of lead; a bar of soap.
- n. - Anything which obstructs, hinders, or prevents; an
obstruction; a barrier.
- n. - A bank of sand, gravel, or other matter, esp. at the mouth of
a river or harbor, obstructing navigation.
- n. - Any railing that divides a room, or office, or hall of
assembly, in order to reserve a space for those having special
privileges; as, the bar of the House of Commons.
- n. - The railing that incloses the place which counsel occupy in
courts of justice. Hence, the phrase at the bar of the court signifies
in open court.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?