How many syllables in Ball
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Any round or roundish body or mass; a sphere or globe; as, a
ball of twine; a ball of snow.
- n. - A spherical body of any substance or size used to play with,
as by throwing, knocking, kicking, etc.
- n. - A general name for games in which a ball is thrown, kicked,
or knocked. See Baseball, and Football.
- n. - Any solid spherical, cylindrical, or conical projectile of
lead or iron, to be discharged from a firearm; as, a cannon ball; a
rifle ball; -- often used collectively; as, powder and ball. Spherical
balls for the smaller firearms are commonly called bullets.
- n. - A flaming, roundish body shot into the air; a case filled
with combustibles intended to burst and give light or set fire, or to
produce smoke or stench; as, a fire ball; a stink ball.
- n. - A leather-covered cushion, fastened to a handle called a
ballstock; -- formerly used by printers for inking the form, but now
superseded by the roller.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?