How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To stop; to check or hinder the motion or action of; as,
to arrest the current of a river; to arrest the senses.
- v. t. - To take, seize, or apprehend by authority of law; as, to
arrest one for debt, or for a crime.
- v. t. - To seize on and fix; to hold; to catch; as, to arrest
the eyes or attention.
- v. t. - To rest or fasten; to fix; to concentrate.
- v. i. - To tarry; to rest.
- v. t. - The act of stopping, or restraining from further motion,
etc.; stoppage; hindrance; restraint; as, an arrest of development.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?