How many syllables in Apply
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To lay or place; to put or adjust (one thing to another);
-- with to; as, to apply the hand to the breast; to apply medicaments
to a diseased part of the body.
- v. t. - To put to use; to use or employ for a particular purpose,
or in a particular case; to appropriate; to devote; as, to apply money
to the payment of a debt.
- v. t. - To make use of, declare, or pronounce, as suitable,
fitting, or relative; as, to apply the testimony to the case; to apply
an epithet to a person.
- v. t. - To fix closely; to engage and employ diligently, or with
attention; to attach; to incline.
- v. t. - To direct or address.
- v. t. - To betake; to address; to refer; -- used reflexively.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?