How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To make application for the removal of (a cause) from an
inferior to a superior judge or court for a rehearing or review on
account of alleged injustice or illegality in the trial below. We say,
the cause was appealed from an inferior court.
- v. t. - To charge with a crime; to accuse; to institute a
private criminal prosecution against for some heinous crime; as, to
appeal a person of felony.
- v. t. - To summon; to challenge.
- v. t. - To invoke.
- v. t. - To apply for the removal of a cause from an inferior to
a superior judge or court for the purpose of reexamination of for
- v. t. - To call upon another to decide a question controverted,
to corroborate a statement, to vindicate one's rights, etc.; as, I
appeal to all mankind for the truth of what is alleged. Hence: To call
on one for aid; to make earnest request.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?