How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - To speak in defense against; to reply to in defense; as, to
answer a charge; to answer an accusation.
- n. - To speak or write in return to, as in return to a call or
question, or to a speech, declaration, argument, or the like; to reply
to (a question, remark, etc.); to respond to.
- n. - To respond to satisfactorily; to meet successfully by way
of explanation, argument, or justification, and the like; to refute.
- n. - To be or act in return or response to.
- n. - To be or act in compliance with, in fulfillment or
satisfaction of, as an order, obligation, demand; as, he answered my
claim upon him; the servant answered the bell.
- n. - To render account to or for.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?