How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A resolution of anything, whether an object of the senses
or of the intellect, into its constituent or original elements; an
examination of the component parts of a subject, each separately, as
the words which compose a sentence, the tones of a tune, or the simple
propositions which enter into an argument. It is opposed to synthesis.
- n. - The separation of a compound substance, by chemical
processes, into its constituents, with a view to ascertain either (a)
what elements it contains, or (b) how much of each element is present.
The former is called qualitative, and the latter quantitative analysis.
- n. - The tracing of things to their source, and the resolving
of knowledge into its original principles.
- n. - The resolving of problems by reducing the conditions that
are in them to equations.
- n. - A syllabus, or table of the principal heads of a
discourse, disposed in their natural order.
- n. - A brief, methodical illustration of the principles of a
science. In this sense it is nearly synonymous with synopsis.
4 Syllable Words Starting with?