How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - That which is analogous to, or corresponds with, some
- n. - A word in one language corresponding with one in another;
an analogous term; as, the Latin "pater" is the analogue of the English
- n. - An organ which is equivalent in its functions to a
different organ in another species or group, or even in the same group;
as, the gill of a fish is the analogue of a lung in a quadruped,
although the two are not of like structural relations.
- n. - A species in one genus or group having its characters
parallel, one by one, with those of another group.
- n. - A species or genus in one country closely related to a
species of the same genus, or a genus of the same group, in another:
such species are often called representative species, and such genera,
3 Syllable Words Starting with?