How many syllables in After
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Next; later in time; subsequent; succeeding; as, an after
period of life.
- a. - Hinder; nearer the rear.
- a. - To ward the stern of the ship; -- applied to any object in
the rear part of a vessel; as the after cabin, after hatchway.
- prep. - Behind in place; as, men in line one after another.
- prep. - Below in rank; next to in order.
- prep. - Later in time; subsequent; as, after supper, after three
days. It often precedes a clause. Formerly that was interposed between
it and the clause.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?