How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To receive with a consenting mind (something offered);
as, to accept a gift; -- often followed by of.
- v. t. - To receive with favor; to approve.
- v. t. - To receive or admit and agree to; to assent to; as, I
accept your proposal, amendment, or excuse.
- v. t. - To take by the mind; to understand; as, How are these
words to be accepted?
- v. t. - To receive as obligatory and promise to pay; as, to
accept a bill of exchange.
- v. t. - In a deliberate body, to receive in acquittance of a
duty imposed; as, to accept the report of a committee. [This makes it
the property of the body, and the question is then on its adoption.]
2 Syllable Words Starting with?